Hot Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Blondies
Yield: 1 8x8 pan
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I used gluten-free flour)
2-3 Tablespoons Bourbon
1 large egg
1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup pecans pinch of kosher salt
1 jar Dollop Gourmet Hot Chocolate Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8 baking pan with foil, spray with cooking spray.
2. Blondies - In a medium bowl stir melted butter and sugar till smooth. Add egg, vanilla, salt, bourbon and continue mixing. Add flour and mix till all ingredients are incorporated. Spread batter into lined baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
3. Filling - While blondies are baking, begin on the filling. In a medium bowl add the egg, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt, mixing till combined. Add the pecans and mix till well-coated.
4. After the blondies have baked for 15 minutes, remove from oven, and pour the filling mixture gently over top, spreading it out to evenly cover the blondies. Return pan to oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until the top appears set and golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before frosting with Dollop Hot Chocolate Frosting. I like to refrigerate these before serving.