Enter to win a $1,000 Healthy Grocer Shopping Spree
Enter to win a Healthy Grocer shopping spree during our 22nd Anniversary month! Thank you to our wonderful sponsors for making this happen. Contest rules below.
Contest Rules and Notices
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Healthy Grocer 22nd Anniversary Contest (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age and older at time of entry (“entrants”). Employees, officers and directors of The Healthy Grocer, and each of their respective corporate affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, as well as members of their immediate family or same household are not eligible. "Immediate family" means spouse and children of such individuals regardless of where they reside. Void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The entry period for the Sweepstakes begins on May 7, 2018 at 9:00:00 a.m Eastern Time (“EST”) and ends on May 31, 2018 at 8:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“EST”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: Enter to win in person. Enter to win forms will be available at the Contest Counter. Using an official enter to win form, provide the required information, specifically your name, daytime phone number and email address (required). Place slip into the official contest container. Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or confirmed.
Entry will not be valid without entrant checking box agreeing to these Official Rules.
All entries must be received by 8:59:59 P.M. EST on May 31, 2018.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per day.
4. DRAWING: A random drawing will be conducted on or about June 15, 2018 from among all eligible entries received by Sweepstakes Administrator. Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received.
5. NOTIFICATION: Grand Prize Winner will be notified by phone and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release. If Affidavit/Release and/or any additional documents and releases required are not received within seven (7) days of date stated on notification, or if notification is returned as undeliverable, or if Grand Prize winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the Grand Prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries received. All prizes will be available for pick up within 14 days of winner announcement. Return of any prize as undeliverable will cause prize to be forfeited and an alternate winner selected via random drawing.
6. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize: A $1,000 “Shopping Spree” to be awarded as $1,000 in The Healthy Grocer Gift Card. One (1) Second Place Prize: A $500 “Shopping Spree” to be awarded as $500 in The Healthy Grocer Gift Card. One (1) Third Place Prize: A $250 “Shopping Spree” to be awarded as $250 in The Healthy Grocer Gift Card.
7. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: No substitution or transfer of prize in whole or in part except by Sponsor at its sole discretion for any reason for prize of equal value. An IRS Form 1099 for the value of the Grand Prize will be filed as per applicable law and a copy provided to the Grand Prize Winner. Gift Cards are subject to terms/conditions of use as stated thereon, which may include expiration date and may restrict or prohibit redemption of gift card for cash; Sponsor shall choose, in its sole discretion, local grocery and other issuers of gift cards. All applicable federal, state, local and other taxes and expenses not stated related to acceptance and use of a prize are solely the responsibility of the winners. If a prize cannot be accepted as stated prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Limit one prize per family/household/address.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, entrants agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Sweepstakes Administrator which decisions shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; (b) that Sponsor, Sweepstakes Administrator, their respective affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (individually and collectively “Releasees”) are released, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind to person(s), including personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, or intellectual property, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize(s) or participation in any Sweepstakes related activity; (c) to indemnify Sponsor and Sweepstakes Administrator for any unauthorized use or misuse of any prize (or goods/services obtained via redemption of gift card prize); (d) that entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or who attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified and (e) that winner, by acceptance of prize(s), except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor (and agrees to confirm such permission in writing) and those acting pursuant to Sponsor’s authority to use, in perpetuity, winner’s name, picture, voice and/or likeness, biographical information and statements and prize information, for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, at any times or time, in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide, and on the Internet and/or World Wide Web, without notice or review or approval.
9. LIABILITY LIMITATIONS: The Releasees are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (a) printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials and in the event of any inconsistency between Sweepstakes-related materials and these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall govern and control, (b) technical failures of any kind including but not limited to electronic, hardware or software program, network, telephone (including wireless devices and/or handsets), Internet, website, ISP availability or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, computer malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the administration, collection and processing of Entries; (c) lost, late, undeliverable, misdirected or incomplete or inaccurate Entries; (d) unauthorized human or other intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (e) any error or condition that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted, regardless of cause; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (or goods/services obtained via redemption of gift card prize). If, for any reason, an entrant’s Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is to submit another Entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that, it is possible to submit another Entry in accordance with these Official Rules prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof should the Sweepstakes be incapable of running as planned for any reason, including technical difficulties, unauthorized intervention, suspected or actual tampering, fraud, or other causes corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, termination or suspension, notice thereof will be posted at www.thehealthygrocer.com and winners will be selected by Sweepstakes Administrator from among all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise in a manner determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Administrator (on behalf of Sponsor) reserves the right to void any Entries determined by Sweepstakes Administrator in its sole discretion to have been submitted fraudulently or in contravention of the Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THAT PROVISION. Sweepstakes, including construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be (1) governed by the laws of the State of Pennsylvania without regard to choice of law or conflict of law principles (whether of the State of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Pennsylvania; (2) any dispute, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected in any way with the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and brought exclusively in a federal or state court in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania; (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (4) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
10. WINNERS LIST: Winners will be announced on or after June 15, 2018.